Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
This position is located in Manila Administrative Center, Supply Chain Unit, Procurement Compliance and Training Team under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and the overall supervision of the Head, Manila Supply Chain Unit.
The Manila Supply Chain Unit (MSCU), being part of Manila Administrative Center of IOM, provides advisory, back-office, global warehouse operations and field procurement support services for IOM projects implemented worldwide. MSCU plays an important role by performing Procurement Contracts Review function before contracts are awarded, ensuring that IOM regulations are applied and adhered to in procurements conducted by Missions and Offices around the world. Among others, MSCU provides guidance and advice on IOM’s procurement policy, e.g. it assists missions in developing procurement strategies, reviewing solicitation documents, proposals and contracts, manage risks, etc.
- Conduct preliminary review of the procurement process to specific procurement cases prior to a contract award to IOM Missions and Offices within the agreed service levels and report any inconsistencies to the supervisor.
- Review the submitted case presentations and related procurement documents to check procurement activities are conducted in line with IOM procurement rules and regulations and accepted professional purchasing practices and flagging of inconsistencies.
- Review procurement documents to determine adequacy of documentation, proper recording, and accuracy of recorded transactions. Note any deviations or errors and recommend the necessary corrective actions through the Procurement Contract Review (PCR) template.
- Ensures the timely and efficient review and submission of the PCR analysis to the Head of MSCU and makes a recommendation on the proposed contract award.
- Rates the quality of the submission based on the established guidelines (if applicable).
- Ensures the necessary clarifications were acquired and the completed documents routed back to the requesting office within the established service level agreements.
- Maintains a permanent and secure record of all PCR reviews, recommendations, and case presentations.
- Compiles statistics on the workload, activities and other matters pertaining to the PCR.
- Analyses MSCU recommendations and identifies systemic trends and issues in the acquisition process.
- Provide technical guidance on procurement processes, SOPs and templates to IOM Missions and Offices. Take into consideration the latest IOM’s Procurement policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Assist MSCU Head by providing inputs, observations, and recommendations with regards to consistent application and interpretation of IOM’s policies by IOM Missions and Offices worldwide through reviews of procurements conducted in country offices and preparing Procurement Review Summary.
- Assist MSCU Head by providing inputs to the design of professional training and development activities relating to procurement and assisting missions worldwide in their procurement training needs and dissemination of supply chain best practices.
- Undergo duty travel (TDY) for field mission’s training and/or procurement assistance, if required.
- Perform other related duties as may be required by the MSCU Head
- University degree Business Administration, Accounting or any related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in procurement and logistics, international vendor sourcing and contract negotiation of which one year experience in UN system or multinational organization; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Trainings, diploma courses on procurement (at least CIPS Level 2 or similar) and logistics an advantage.
- Professional experience in public procurement and logistics.
- Experience in public procurement oversight, contract review, advisory is desirable
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications such as Word. Power Point and Excel; knowledge of other applications such as Power BI and Visio will be desirable;
- Excellent communications, teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints; accurate and detail-oriented.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 21 Febuary 2023. VN Number and Position Title (VN 115/2022 – Supply Chain Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and an offer will be made following the confirmation of funding.