Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head, Recruitment Unit and the direct supervision of the National Human Resource Officer, the successful candidate is responsible and accountable for ensuring compliance review and carrying out recruiting activities in their area of responsibility. They will coordinate with hiring managers, selection panels, HR focal points and candidates on the timely filling of posts in accordance with established policies and procedures and with due consideration to transparency and fairness throughout the process and a positive stakeholders experience.
- Act as the focal point for recruitment and selection of all personnel based at Headquarters and personnel in the Professional category worldwide.
- Process requests for the advertising of jobs. Review and ensure that the position descriptions, titles, and grade levels are in line with IOM’s standards. Provide guidance to hiring managers on the process of publishing a vacancy. Ensure that all published vacancies are substantively sound and typo-free.
- In collaboration with the National Human Resource Officer, assist in screening applications using pre-screening criteria and qualitative requirements. Advise hiring offices on preliminary assessments methods and organize their administration in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Review eligibility and qualifications of shortlisted candidates proposed by hiring managers/ selection panels and provide advice to ensure balance and diversity in shortlists. Review deselection reasons of first tier candidates not shortlisted and provide guidance to hiring managers/ selection panels to ensure transparency and fairness to all candidates.
- In close collaboration with selection panel members, review/draft and propose competency-based interviews questions; schedule interviews using the applicants tracking system and assist selection panels in preparing selection forms. Support with the reference check process (including any vetting process).
- Draft/Review selection recommendation documents for SVNs, VNs and direct recruitments. Provide guidance to hiring managers / panel members in completing the documents as needed. Coordinate submissions for approval.
- Participate in initiatives pertaining to building talent communities and feed talents’ pipelines.
- Maintain regular liaison with the Human Resources Administration Unit to support timely completion of selection and mobilization formalities. Track offers sent to successful candidates and their acceptance/ decline of offers. Ensure that unsuccessful candidates are timely notified.
- Reach out, analyze, and address issues related to recruitment processes and recommend a course of action balancing the need of the hiring manager / mission and recruitment policies. Initiate communication with hiring managers/ missions facing recruitment difficulties and provide guidance to facilitate and fast track the recruitment process.
- Respond in a timely manner to e-mail inquiries received in the REC Mailbox pertaining to recruitment and selection processes within the area of responsibility and flag to the National Human Resource Officer/Head of Recruitment any issues or exceptional requests related to the application of IOM’s recruitment policy and guidelines, so they are addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist in monitoring and updating staffing table, recruitment tracking lists in collaboration with other Recruitment Assistants. Keep an auditable record of all activities assigned and feed the recruitment audit trail accordingly. Ensure relevant correspondences and recruitment related documents are appropriately filed. Prepare information in support of the periodic statistical reports.
- Actively contribute to sourcing and attraction efforts and outreach activities.
- Identify and analyze areas for improvement related to procedures and processes as well as recurrent issues related to the application of recruitment guidelines and make recommendations. Participate in the provision of training to REC’s stakeholders.
- Serve as the backup for the National Human Resource Officer and replacement of the Recruitment Assistants when needed.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Human Resources, Business administration, Industrial and Organizational Psychology or any related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years relevant professional experience;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience processing human resources transactions and exposure to talent acquisitions and talent management concepts and processes.
- Experience using social media to serve recruitment and selection objectives
- Experience supporting recruitment and selection in humanitarian or non-for-profit organizations is desirable.
- Experience on Human Resources statistics is desirable; Experience working in a multi-cultural setting an advantage.
- Knowledge of IOM/ UN personnel and financial policies and staff rules and regulations an advantage.
- Ability to work autonomously in a high paced environment and deliver accurately on a wide variety of tasks.
- Sound client orientation and ability to build trust with various internal stakeholders;
- Proven capacity in managing difficult clients with an outlook on results and impact.
- High level of computer literacy, experience with HR IT systems and applications.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Proactively seeks responsibility in delivering towards the goals of the Organization.
- Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
- Stands by the actions of team or department, publicly accepting ownership.
- Takes responsibility of own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
- Listens and seeks to understand without bias, and responds appropriately.
- Shares information and keeps others up to date; actively seeks others' views and ideas and respects their contribution.
- Disseminates and shares knowledge openly and actively contributes to knowledge/network communities for topics relevant to area of expertise.
- Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
- Builds networks for the effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas and puts others into contact with various sources of knowledge.
- Contributes to an environment that is conducive to innovation and learning.
- Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
- Displays a high level of cultural awareness, sensitivity to different ways of working and leverages individual strengths in order to build a better team.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and ensures that the contribution of others is recognized.
- Helps create a positive team spirit, putting aside personal considerations to help the team achieve its goals.
- Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs.
- Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
- Monitors own and others’ work in a systematic and effective way, ensuring required resources and outputs.
- Aligns projects with Organization’s mission and objectives and demonstrates a good understanding of the impact of team’s and own work on external and internal counterparts.
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 27 Feb 2023. VN Number and Position Title (VN 093-094/2023 – Recruiting Specialist) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and an offer will be made following the confirmation of funding.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.