Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Recruitment Unit and the direct supervision of the National Human Resource Officer, the successful candidate will assist on activities related to sourcing, attraction and recruitment marketing as well as applications screening for jobs in the professional category worldwide and all category at headquarters.
- Post job vacancies and assist in recruitment marketing using internal and external channels (emails, job boards, social media, and relevant fora).
- Create and update posts to include relevant keywords for search engine optimization on social media and job boards.
- Review panel compositions; ensure balance and diversity in panel compositions for SVNs and VNs. Provide guidance to hiring managers accordingly in collaboration with the National Human Resource Officer. Assign access for panel members and HR focal persons to applications in the recruitment platform. Provide trouble-shooting support and escalate issues to the technical team as needed.
- Actively and consistently engage in candidates sourcing and attraction activities for all job level using the full capabilities offered by social medias.
- In collaboration with the National Human Resource Officer, act as the primary focal point for applications screening using pre-screening criteria and qualitative requirements. Prepare and send out closing notices to hiring managers/ selection panels.
- Analyze and timely respond to relatively complex queries received in the Recruitment Unit’s mailbox(es) from various stakeholders (including candidates on their applications and the selection process). Provide trouble-shooting support on technical issues and escalate to the technical team as needed.
- Conduct initial review of selection documents received from hiring managers.
- Tag candidates in the e-recruitment system, timely close requisitions that are finalized and notify unsuccessful candidates of the selection results for each vacancy.
- Assist in maintaining talent pipelines based on area of expertise.
- Update tracking lists relating to assigned duties, in collaboration with other Recruitment Assistants.
- Provide support in the preparation of quarterly and annual statistical reports.
- Provide administrative support to hiring managers in organizing written tests, scheduling interviews.
- Assist in initiating background check and verification requests.
- Serves as a backup for the Recruiting Specialist in the assigned region
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant experience; or
- Completed High school / Secondary school education with five years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting an advantage;
- High level of computer literacy, experience with HR IT systems and applications an advantage.
- Experience with Oracle Recruiting is an advantage
- Experience with candidates sourcing and attraction techniques.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10 March 2023. VN Number and Position Title (VN 092/2022 – Recruitment & Social Media Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and an offer will be made following the confirmation of funding.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.