Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct overall supervision of the Head of Recruitment Unit, and the direct supervision of the Human Resource Officer and in close coordination with the Online Communications Unit, the Graphic Artist will support the Global Recruitment Unit as a content producer and visual storyteller.
The successful candidate will be in charge of designing digital contents and awareness raising materials on recruitment rules, best practices, systems, etc. which will be frequently disseminated to staff members worldwide. The Graphic Artist is also expected to serve as the focal point of the recruitment unit for social media, designing appealing and creative digital content focused on recruitment drives.
The selected candidate will ensure that all graphics materials are in accordance with the IOM’s House style manual, layout manual and brand guidelines.
- Create professional high-quality graphic design and layout -including but not limited to reports, guidelines, brochures, info sheets and flyers etc. - for dissemination to staff members.
- Use social media to stimulate engagement on IOM’s recruitment pages through brand-focused design with the aim of increasing the traffic.
- Serve as the focal point for the review and visual design of forms, templates, checklists, etc. used for recruitment purposes in order to make these user-friendly.
- Serve as the focal point for the design and update of recruitment pages for both external (interface on the website) and internal candidates (Intranet). Collaborate with relevant unit to design the unit intranet page.
- Create vacancy specific campaigns on LinkedIn and other social media including by developing on-purpose communication material.
- Support the global recruitment unit capacity building initiatives by designing animation video and PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintain an up-to-date archive of all electronic files, repository of logos, icons, templates, etc.
- Using Boolean commands and any other relevant methodology, support in conducting social sourcing, particularly for high level positions.
- Through targeted campaigns, contribute in raising awareness on the unit activities, and initiatives that serves as an alternative to recruitment, including the Pathways program. Support change management activities.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Advertising, Fine Arts or a relevant field from an accredited academic institution, with 3 years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Certificate in computer graphic design, an advantage.
- Proven experience in the field of layout and graphic design;
- In-depth knowledge of and expertise in a wide range of Adobe Creative Suite software applications including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat, as well as Microsoft office applications.
- Familiarity with typography and typesetting preferred;
- Creative flair and the ability to drive innovation;
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and a good eye for details.
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications online by clicking on the APPLY button and completing the profile registration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.