Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The Manila Supply Chain Unit (MSCU) is responsible for implementing the policies and assist with training and dissemination of procurement best practices. MSCU provides advisory, back-office, and field support procurement services on IOM’s projects implemented worldwide, both regular and emergency-related. Among others, it provides guidance and advice on IOM’s procurement policy, e.g., it assists missions in developing procurement strategies, reviewing solicitation documents, proposals, and contracts.
Under the direct supervision of the Head, MSCU, the successful candidate will act as category management and emergency response team lead and provide procurement support to Missions worldwide. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the effective implementation of supply chain systems and functions within their area of responsibility.
- Provide technical procurement support to IOM HQ and Country Offices worldwide, both regular and emergency related.
- Work in close coordination with Supply Chain Division, Department of Operational Support, Department of Safety and Security and thematic specialists, for providing operational procurement, logistic and emergency support on critical requirements such as armored vehicles, staff security equipment, food, and Non-Food items, etc.
- Consolidate procurement plans, administer IOM Global and Regional LTAs in line with IOM procurement procedures. Participate in the development of SOPs for LTAs established and maintain contract monitoring tools.
- Participate in analysis of lead times, performance indicators, specific operational logistical requirements and provide recommendations to MSCU Head on optimization of global procurement and logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness and aim for continuous improvement.
- Conduct procurement and coordinate logistics of goods and services as per the assigned tasks.
- In coordination with the MSCU Head, liaise with UN and humanitarian agencies on collaborative tenders and joint activities.
- In coordination with the Quality Control and Assurance Officer, contribute in the development of Quality Control Mechanisms in IOM.
- Build, manage, and review global vendor list with their qualifications and compliance to business needs through market research, participation on exhibits and collaboration with UN and other humanitarian agencies.
- Assist MSCU Head in building, maintaining, and enhancing solid relationships with Strategic Global Vendors and Internal Stakeholders. Perform periodic vendor performance review meetings in line with procurement policies.
- Assist on review and provision of technical assistance/guidance on business process and procurement operational/technical aspects in IOM’s ERP Material and Asset Management Modules functionality taking into consideration the organization’s procurement policies and procedures, procurement structure, project structure and accounting policies and procedures.
- Undergo duty travel (TDY) for field mission’s procurement assistance, if required.
- Perform officer in charge functions for procurement unit, if required.
- Prepare relevant procurement reports, presentations, and statistical analysis.
- Assist the GPSU Head in planning and managing professional enhancement training programs for the procurement support team.
- If necessary, supervise, monitor and train MSCU procurement support staff in carrying out their procurement and logistics functions.
- Coordinate with legal and finance team.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Master's degree in Management, Supply Chain, Logistics or any related field; or,
- University degree with two (2) years of procurement experience.
- Experience in UN system or multi-national organization will be an advantage.
- Specialized trainings on procurement and/or logistics (e.g., CIPS or equivalent), an advantage.
- Practical application of Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Flexibility and availability for emergency operations’ support Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office and other applications such as Visio, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints.
- Strong client orientation, negotiations, and communication skills.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Demonstrates individual responsibility for defining and delivering on the Organization’s priorities.
- Delegates authority to match responsibilities, and holds staff accountable for agreed-upon commitments.
- Consistently assumes responsibility for Divisional or Departmental actions by explaining successes, failures, and proposing remedial actions.
- Invests significant time in creating a culture of accountability and responsibility by using experience and advice to guide others.
- Clearly and simply communicates the IOM mandate and seeks opportunities to represent the organization externally to promote its mandate.
- Communicates confidently, commands attention and respect when speaking, and projects credibility.
- Influences others and negotiates effectively through a persuasive, flexible approach.
- Keeps staff informed of decisions and directives of senior management and communicates them in a manner that ensures understanding and acceptance.
- Promotes the development and use of organization-wide knowledge sharing systems that capture all relevant information from sources inside and outside of the Organization.
- Leads in defining and prioritizing the Organization’s knowledge needs.
- Establishes and fosters a culture that encourages change, innovation and continuous learning.
- Encourages and supports others to be innovative and actively generates new perspectives on own and team’s work.
- Advocates for collaboration across the Organization and creates collaborative systems and integrated processes to achieve Organizational goals.
- Builds consensus for task purpose and direction with colleagues at all levels.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of partnerships and takes action to enhance their effectiveness.
- Identifies and breaks down barriers to cooperation within teams, and between teams, units, sections, divisions, and organizations.
- Challenges self and team to deliver high quality results, in line with Organizational goals.
- Leads and facilitates work planning, alerting those involved of potential obstacles and helping to identify suitable alternative options as needed.
- Persuades management to undertake new projects and services that benefit internal and external clients; uses performance standards to monitor projects.
- Tailors organizational targets to meet changing demands in the external environment.
- Proactively develops strategies to accomplish objectives and empowers others to translate vision into results.
- Provides clear vision, direction and purpose and charts a clear course to achievement.
- Does not accept the status quo; drives for improvement and change, inspiring others to embrace it.
- Builds positive influence across the wider organization and strategic relationships with external stakeholders.
- Encourages individuals to take initiatives and responsibility for putting new ideas/activities into practice and making them work.
- Supports teams to succeed, devoting dedicated time to empowering people through coaching and mentoring and sharing expertise/knowledge.
- Inspires enthusiasm and a positive attitude in people towards their work and contribution to the Organization’s success.
- Promotes autonomy and empowerment throughout the Organization.
- Always works with an orientation to the future, encouraging others to consider the Organization’s medium and long-term strategy when setting departmental objectives.
- Steps back from operational issues to focus on a long-term direction for the area of responsibility.
- Identifies strategic issues and risks that may impede the delivery of the Organization’s strategic objectives and addresses concerns in a timely manner to gain buy-in from stakeholders.
- Generates and communicates broad and compelling organizational direction inspiring others to pursue that same direction.
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 26 May 2023. VN Number and Position Title (VN 088/2023 – National Supply Chain Officer) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications must consist of a cover letter, a duly-accomplished IOM Personal History Form, and a résumé highlighting education and experience relative to the above qualifications.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that this position is subject to funding availability.