Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The Human Resources Administration Unit (HRAU), located in the Manila Human Resources Operations and Administrative Services (MHRO), is responsible for providing the full range of personnel support services pertaining to administration of contracts, benefits, and entitlements to IOM staff in the Professional category and General Service staff in Switzerland.
Under the overall supervision of the Head, HRAU, and the direct supervision of the Senior HR Assistant (EG Validation), the successful candidate will process HR actions relating to Education Grants and rental subsidies.
- Provide information and documentation to staff members as required.
- Respond to staff queries via phone, Microsoft Teams, and e-mail relating to EGs for staff within the assigned region in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process HR actions pertaining to EGs within the assigned area of responsibility, as defined in the HRAU Transaction Approval Matrix, within the agreed service levels for each action.
- Accurately update HR master data relevant to EGs in the Organization’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, as required.
- Escalate complex cases and technical issues for resolution to the Senior HR Assistant (EG Validation) and relevant Team Leads for rental subsidies.
- Process rental subsidies for all IOM staff in the Professional category and General Service staff in Switzerland and send them to the relevant Team Leads for validation.
- Monitor recurring actions, anticipate rental subsidy requests and extensions, and proactively follow-up with staff members as required.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with (3) three years of relevant professionalexperience; or,
- High school diploma with (5) five years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Human Resources Management and personnel administration.
- Experience using an ERP system.
- Experience in an international organization, non-government or government organisation, in a multi-cultural setting, is an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of IOM/UN HR procedures and rules is an asset.
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 01 June 2023. VN Number and Position Title (VN 085/2023 – HR Assistant (Education Grant and Rental Subsidy Processing)) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications must consist of a cover letter, a duly-accomplished IOM Personal History Form, and a résumé highlighting education and experience relative to the above qualifications.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that this position is subject to funding availability.