Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Global Radiology Coordinator, MAC Philippines and the direct supervision of the Senior Teleradiology Administrative Assistant; and in collaboration with relevant international radiology staff and the technical staff, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for assisting and providing the efficient administrative support to the Global Teleradiology and QC Centre, Manila (Global) Administrative Centre, Manila, Philippines.
- Facilitate the timely and efficient completion of the administrative work of the Teleradiology Center in terms of procurement, human resources, or any other related matter and coordinate with respective units for the different activities, and perform housekeeping activities.
- Actively participate in various radiology related reports, data analyses and surveys. And assist in compilation of the monthly, quarterly, and yearly Teleradiology activity reports, in coordination with the respective colleagues, and assist in editing other material produced by the Center.
- Prepare the monthly invoices for billing non-IOM clinics for the Teleradiology service and the request for payment for the Teleradiology consultant radiologists, based on the summary caseload prepared by the Teleradiology data reporting and coordinate with the appropriate units and the clinics, and follow up to ensure timely billing and payments.
- Assist the documentation of resources and updating the information in the Teleradiology web-page keeping the records up to date and uploading current events and activities, guidelines, SOPs, manuals and other information related to the radiology services, in coordination with the respective colleagues in the Center and colleague in the field operations.
- Keep records and track expiry dates of the Teleradiology Center documents including contracts, Teleradiology service agreements, professional license, invoices, receipts, purchase requests and timely notify the respective bodies, and ensure timely renewal.
- Provide the necessary assistance to new staff providing the needed items and orientation including account creation, the necessary office equipment, and arranging security trainings.
- Coordinate the logistic arrangements for the Center events such radiology training workshops, staff travel, preparations for the meetings and high-level visitors, and yearly team building activities and social events of the Center as needed, in coordination with the respective units and staff in the Center.
- Coordinate with IOM country operations globally, the Teleradiology technical support team for different administrative matters as needed.
- Assist the Teleradiology workflow when needed, such as checking the bio-data on the Chest X-Rays, uploading the Chest x-rays to eMedical system, coordinate with focal persons in the country operation, the radiologists when the cases are ready for submission, and producing the daily start summary and communication the field missions.
- Provide support during weekends, holidays or outside working hours as well as “stand-by” focal on a rotation basis as needed.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Social Science, Communication, or any other related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience preferably in administrative capacity or;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Work experience in handling administrative and financial matters, as well as communication, tracking and keeping records of projects, and writing reports
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis;
- Experience and understanding of IOM Teleradiology workflow an advantage.
- Previous work experience in an international organizations and companies an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge and skill in using Microsoft package and other software and technologies.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills an advantage
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 March 2023. VN Number and Position Title (VN 073/2022 – Administrative Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and an offer will be made following the confirmation of funding.