Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the TELERAD National Data Analyst, in coordination with the Teleradiology Research Assistant, and the overall supervisor of the Global Radiology Coordinator managing the IOM Global Teleradiology and QC Center in MHD, MAC, the successful candidate will provide the regular data reporting for IOM Teleradiology Center and will specifically handle the following duties and responsibilities:
- Regularly gather data information from IOM Teleradiology applications reporting systems, and other systems, organize the data, analyze results and reports using various variables including radiology services, radiology TB, quality indicators and others as required by the Center.
- Prepare the routine daily, monthly quarterly, and yearly stat summary of Teleradiology x-ray reading statistical reports and eMedical submissions and file the records accordingly for different purposes.
- In coordination with the Global Radiology Coordinator and the Radiologist assigned for quality control, organize and summarize the Teleradiology quality control program data, and analyze agreement and kappa results and regularly communicate with country operations.
- Provide timely and regular data cleaning and validation of the different Teleradiology system datasets.
- Seek opportunity to streamline reporting of Teleradiology information across groups and create graphs and relevant metrics to better convey data and identify trends. Explore on software, or applications (example PowerBi) to make the data display coherent, visually immersive, and interactive on selected and agreed indicators.
- Complete annual activity reports of the Center, compile data for other affirmative action reporting and analysis; respond to other various reporting requests.
- Update the daily records/files in shared folders with complete and correct biodata and in a timely manner.
- Communicate with IOM field country operations and non-IOM panel sites for information communication, notification, correcting data errors, guiding the staff on standard bio-data formats and reports.
- Coordinate with the Teleradiology systems administrators for cases which need Teleradiology system checking, fixing issues and other actions in the Teleradiology systems.
- Coordinate with the staff in IOM Teleradiology Center and Migration Health Support unit and ICT units when necessary.
- Provide support during weekends, holidays or outside working hours as well as “stand-by” focal on a rotation basis as may be requested.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Biostatistics, Business Administration, Information Technology, Finance, Accounting, or any other related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience preferably in administrative capacity or;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience and skill in use of statistical package including STATA, R, Power BI and/or others.
- Experience and knowledge in Migration health work, screening health assessments eMedical services preferred. • Experience with digital radiology and Teleradiology dataset systems an advantage.
- Proficient in a Microsoft Office environment, including extensive use of Microsoft Excel Word, PowerPoint and comfortable with learning new software and project reporting tools.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, detect meaningful trends and patterns, and communicate findings.
- Advanced analytical and critical thinking skill.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 8 April 2023. VN Number and Position Title (VN 067/2023 – Data Reporting Assistant (Teleradiology)) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that this position is subject to funding availability.