Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The Human Resources Administration Unit (HRAU), located in the Manila Human Resources Operations and Administrative Services (MHRO), is responsible for providing a full range of personnel support services relating to contract administration and entitlements and benefits to IOM staff in the Professional category and General Service staff in Headquarters (HQ).
Under the overall supervision of the Head, Human Resources Administration Unit and direct supervision of the National Human Resources Officer, the incumbent is responsible for the human resources administration services for staff in the Professional category in a specific Region and / or Headquarters based General Service Staff.
- Provide information, documentation and guidance to staff members on the interpretation of Human Resources policies, regulations and rules.
- Respond to staff queries via phone, Skype for Business or e-mail relating to Human Resources Administration, for staff within the assigned region/area of responsibility, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Verify and complete all administrative actions relating to contract administration and entitlements and benefits for all staff, within the assigned region/area of responsibility, as defined in the HRAU Transaction and Approval Matrix, within the defined service levels for each action.
- Coordinate with other units within the MHRO, other relevant Offices and HQ Departments on hiring requirements such as medical clearance, travel bookings, security clearance, visa obtainment, etc.
- Review and update accurately Human Resources master data in the Organization’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, as required.
- Review and escalate complex cases, if required, to the National Human Resources Officer for assistance with resolution.
- Verify and complete all staff actions which impact payroll and other benefits and entitlements, within the timelines defined by the Payroll Unit, to ensure timely and accurate payment of allowances.
- Monitor recurring actions and proactively follow up with staff members as required.
- Review HR actions processed by Human Resources Assistants and submit for approval, as defined in the HRAU Transaction and Approval Matrix.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with four years of relevant professional experience; or,
- High School diploma with six years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Human Resources Management and personnel administration.
- Experience using an ERP system.
- Experience in an international organization, non-government or government organisation, in a multi-cultural setting, is an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of IOM/UN HR procedures and rules is an asset.
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Proactively seeks responsibility in delivering towards the goals of the Organization.
- Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
- Stands by the actions of team or department, publicly accepting ownership.
- Takes responsibility of own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
- Listens and seeks to understand without bias, and responds appropriately.
- Shares information and keeps others up to date; actively seeks others' views and ideas and respects their contribution.
- Disseminates and shares knowledge openly and actively contributes to knowledge/network communities for topics relevant to area of expertise.
- Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
- Builds networks for the effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas and puts others into contact with various sources of knowledge.
- Contributes to an environment that is conducive to innovation and learning.
- Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
- Displays a high level of cultural awareness, sensitivity to different ways of working and leverages individual strengths in order to build a better team.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and ensures that the contribution of others is recognized.
- Helps create a positive team spirit, putting aside personal considerations to help the team achieve its goals.
- Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs.
- Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
- Monitors own and others’ work in a systematic and effective way, ensuring required resources and outputs.
- Aligns projects with Organization’s mission and objectives and demonstrates a good understanding of the impact of team’s and own work on external and internal counterparts.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications online clicking on the below APPLY button and completing the profile registration.