Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Global User Support and the direct supervision of Technical/User Support Shift Supervisor, the ICT Assistant will provide SAP support services to end-users through he ICT MAC Global User Support Unit based in Manila including daily technical support to users of IOM’s PRISM solution and infrastructure worldwide, promoting a client and service-oriented approach.
- Answer user queries and issues related to SAP HR that have been escalated from Tier 1 Global User Support agents, track ICT Assistant tickets and coordinate with the Functional Analysts, Business Process Owners (Tier 3) as necessary to satisfy user requests within existing PRISM standards and procedures effectively.
- Log all actions and document cases in the automated tracking system (GSS Portal - Freshservice) including site survey information, steps taken to resolve the problem or to complete task, problems encountered, current status, required follow-up or escalation, etc.
- Analyze and diagnose the issues, identify the root cause of the problem and propose a solution.
- Assist in analyzing performance problems and recommend solutions to enhance functionality, reliability, and/or usability.
- Participate in delivery of user training both as a technical support person in general and as a trainer for appropriate PRISM business process courses.
- Maintain a library of PRISM-related reference materials.
- Support in enforcing HR business processes and workflow to users, as well in assisting in the implementation of new business processes to end-users.
- Identify and inform gaps between functions of SAP application and end-user feedback of HR business process to be reviewed by Business and Functional Analysts.
- Support in elaboration and testing of business scenarios for implementation.
- Due to nature of user support activities, required to work in any of the current three shifts as scheduled, including holidays.
- Perform such other duties related to the position as may be assigned.
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Information Systems and Technology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in specialized formal training on SAP systems, business software (Microsoft Office); or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in SAP HR Modules;
- Proven knowledge, experience and skills to support and troubleshoot SAP HR (PA, OM, TM, PY modules); knowledge of SAP Portal and E-Recruitment will be considered an advantage;
- Ability to provide SAP support services;
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end-users; knowledge of an issue-tracking system an advantage;
- Strong customer service orientation; focused on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Good administrative and time-management skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to manage complexities
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24 January 2022. VN Number and Position Title (VN 065/2021 – ICT Assistant (Client Support) – SAP HR should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.