Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, Manila Human Resources Operations and the direct supervision of the National Payroll Officer, the Sr. Payroll Analyst (Quality Assurance/Quality Control) will lead the development, revision, and implementation of relevant procedures, instructions, manuals, as well as internal controls and oversight mechanisms to ensure continuous provision of quality services by the unit. He/She will be responsible and accountable in safeguarding the integrity of payroll data and results in the Processes and Resources Integrated System Management (PRISM) for the international Professional staff worldwide, staff and non-staff in Switzerland, and Philippine local staff members. Moreover, the incumbent will also supervise staff in the unit working in the quality control and quality assurance matters.
- Develop and perform various validation procedures to ensure accuracy of payments and deductions to/from staff members.
- Oversee the validation of back end Master Data Tables (post-adjustment, rental subsidy threshold, post-transition allowance, et.al) in Production Environment and ensure correctness of data as per periodic updates published by the International Civil Service Commission.
- Lead the monthly reconciliations of payroll totals and results.
- Test/check calculations of salaries and applicable entitlements and deductions, with reference to existing rules and regulations, before payment through payroll.
- Ensure that the validation of all elements stated in personnel actions for hiring, transfers, change base pay, family allowances, participation/cessation of participation to health insurance, separations, and all other actions that impact payroll, against payslip, is performed.
- On a sampling basis, verify the eligibility of entitlements against relevant rules and regulations and note deviations for evaluation and appropriate action.
- Provide assistance to payroll administrators by conducting more thorough reviews and checks of the payroll results.
- Review Education Grant calculations and communicate corrections to relevant personnel administrators.
- Formulate and implement mechanisms to ensure that all payroll inputs coming from all sources are completely and accurately taken up in the system.
- Develop tools that will monitor the eligibility of staff members to certain entitlements, as applicable, which will complement the manual monitoring of the personnel administrators.
- Perform analysis of staff vendor accounts and coordinate with relevant units to ensure timely clearance of all Manila Human Resource Operations (MHRO)-related entries.
- Analyze actual salary charges to projects especially during audits by providing details vis-à-vis projectization percentages for the required period to the missions;
- Perform trend analysis relating to salaries and various entitlements for management use.
- Provide documents, reports, statements, statistical tables, correspondences, analysis of payroll related data as required by other concerned units;
- Improve and design automated reports that can be generated from PRISM to assist relevant units in their analysis; and the management as well for decision making purposes;
- Assist in developing periodic reports highlighting key accomplishments and key statistics for various presentation purposes;
- Prepare the Certificate of Earning to staff members for income tax and other purposes, upon requests.
- Execute Posting to Accounting of payroll results to FI.
- Generate Substituted accounts/posting to cost center and coordinate with missions for prompt resolution and clearing.
Internal Control and Risk Management
- Ensure that instructions on internal controls applicable to payroll are followed and mechanisms are enforced at all times.
- In coordination with relevant units, update relevant instructions vis-à-vis pertinent changes within and outside the unit.
- Suggest and develop new instructions and procedures whenever called for.
- Quality review of transactions entered by the payroll administrators on a sampling (spot check) basis.
- Develop risk register that will help identify internal and external risk factors, anlyze, evaluate, monitor, and mitigates risks.
PRISM HR Business Partner
- Act as focal to coordinate PRISM-related concerns, issues, enhancements with IT Teams with IT / PRISM technical group / PRISM helpdesk all PRISM- related concerns, issues, and enhancements related to payroll.
- Recommend systems enhancements that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of payroll operations as well as the validation of payroll data and results; provide business requirements and ensure follow-through until PRISM release.
- Test / check all PRISM upgrades which impact payroll module within the SAP PRISM.
Continuous improvement and budget development
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of quality control and assurance processes and recommend improvements;
- Provide salary costing for budgetary requirement. Work with PRISM to automate computation of cost to IOM.
- Develop tools that can measure performance of the unit as basis of evaluation and determining areas for improvement
Perform any other duties as maybe assigned. Act as officer-in-charge (OIC) in the absence of the Head of Unit.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with seven years of relevant professional experience;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent an advantage.
- Experience in direct payroll functions, preferably in a corporate payroll operation with knowledge of banking and accounting systems, generally accepted accounting principles, business risk controls;
- Working knowledge of relevant internal control procedures relevant to payroll;
- Experience with SAP HR and payroll system and applications, an advantage.
- Thorough working knowledge of payroll systems and procedures, salary calculations and accounting made through payroll systems;
- Adaptation/knowledge in ERP environment an advantage;
- Knowledge of IOM financial policies and staff rules and regulations, an advantage;
- High level of computer literacy.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Proactively seeks responsibility in delivering towards the goals of the Organization.
- Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
- Stands by the actions of team or department, publicly accepting ownership.
- Takes responsibility of own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
- Listens and seeks to understand without bias, and responds appropriately.
- Shares information and keeps others up to date; actively seeks others' views and ideas and respects their contribution.
- Disseminates and shares knowledge openly and actively contributes to knowledge/network communities for topics relevant to area of expertise.
- Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
- Builds networks for the effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas and puts others into contact with various sources of knowledge.
- Contributes to an environment that is conducive to innovation and learning.
- Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
- Displays a high level of cultural awareness, sensitivity to different ways of working and leverages individual strengths in order to build a better team.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and ensures that the contribution of others is recognized.
- Helps create a positive team spirit, putting aside personal considerations to help the team achieve its goals.
- Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs.
- Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
- Monitors own and others’ work in a systematic and effective way, ensuring required resources and outputs.
- Aligns projects with Organization’s mission and objectives and demonstrates a good understanding of the impact of team’s and own work on external and internal counterparts.
- Assigns responsibilities fairly and manages performance, taking account of individual strengths, workloads and interests.
- Is inclusive in decision-making and actively seeks feedback from team members and colleagues in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Takes sound and timely managerial decisions that are consistent with the Organization's vision and purpose.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of stakeholders to understand needs and gain support.
- Delegates appropriately to make the most of others’ talents, clarifying expectations and allowing autonomy in important areas while providing necessary support.
- Encourages others to take responsibility for their performance; promotes ownership, responsibility and accountability for desired results at all levels.
- Creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence in which others can talk and act without fear of repercussion.
- Gives proper credit to others, shows appreciation and rewards achievement and effort.
- Aligns own actions to the Organization’s vision, values and mandate.
- Translates strategic direction into short and medium-term plans and objectives for own team; revises objectives to reflect changes in organizational goals.
- Identifies key issues/priorities in complex situations and how they may be related to one another.
- Clearly communicates links between the Organization’s strategy and the work unit’s goals.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications online by clicking on the below APPLY button and completing the profile registration.