Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The position is based in Manila Administrative Centre (MAC), headed by the Director of MAC. The RM Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the divisions of RMU MAC.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO), and the direct supervision of the National ICT Officer, the successful candidate will provide technical support and services to users of IOM’s corporate applications and the IT infrastructure of MAC, promoting a client and service-oriented approach.
- Issue ticket ownership – open, update, and close tickets assigned, meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Provide immediate diagnosis and workarounds for reported incidents.
- Assist in determining root causes and resolution for problems raised by reported incidents.
- Escalate to supervisor and/or specialists in areas of network, systems and applications, according to identified priority levels when necessary.
- Coordinate cases and required actions in monitoring systems, network, and applications resulting from routine control of automated tracking system (GSS-Freshservice), servers and data on assigned shifts.
- Perform agreed tasks and collaborate with relevant units, when assigned, for joint development and delivery of systems, network and new and existing applications.
- Provide support, and/or assume lead role when required, for planned technology upgrades. Perform implementation and administration of system, application and infrastructure components. Provide end-user training both as a technical support person in general and as a trainer for appropriate business process courses when necessary.
- Produce and maintain comprehensive documentation and reference materials for planned and delivered global user support when assigned.
- Assist in analyzing performance problems of network, systems and applications and recommend solutions to enhance functionality, reliability, and/or usability.
- Support in elaboration and testing of scenarios for implementation.
- Establish technical relationship and collaboration with other pertinent department/units – and with other IT personnel, partners, suppliers and providers – to identify opportunities for optimizing business and system effectiveness.
- Participate proactively in face to face shift turnover meeting and contribute to ensure continuity of the support service.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- University degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in Helpdesk / Service Desk roles; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience;
- Specialized formal training on IT systems, business software (Microsoft Office), web-based applications, SAP HR and Financials;
- Valid and relevant Microsoft, Cisco, and/or ITIL Certifications an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in user and technical support with one year of which in shift/team lead role in the area of:
- project management practice;
- information management;
- infrastructure and networks;
- disaster recovery; and
- global user support.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 7 April 2023. VN Number and Position Title (VN 033/2023 – ICT Assistant (Client Support)) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES.