Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall guidance of the Director of the Migration Health Division, the various units of the Health Assessment Programme Global Support Unit provide services to all missions and medical field operations worldwide. The Migration Health Informatics (MHI) unit is responsible for operational medical software applications, data repositories and statistical reporting. Under the overall direction of the MHI Manager, the direct supervision of the Health Systems Analyst and MHI Officer and in close coordination with the other Jr. Programme Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support services as well as secretarial assistance and a wide range of general office services to help ensure a smooth functioning MHI Unit.
- Monitor migration health support-relevant issues and/or requests received from missions or lodged by MHI via tracking platforms such as but not limited to GSS, JIRA, Fresh Service, etc., respond to sender inquiries and/or escalate to team members responsible for resolving them.
- Assist in the consolidation of information/reports as a result of data mapping, validation, consolidation, and verification activities.
- Assist in testing of medical softwares and other applications with medical components.
- Provide user access to applications managed by the MHI unit, such as but not limited to MiMOSA Reporting Web Services Portal, Medical Report Users, Power BI Report Server, MedStock, eMedical, Sharepoint, Microsoft Teams.
- Provide support in processing administrative requests including payroll of consultants and trainees, contract processing and renewals, procurement and asset tracking of equipment and supplies, user account creation and deletion, and other similar requests; and respond to routine correspondence relevant to the mentioned activities.
- Provide logistics support in trainings, workshops, conferences and meetings by providing documentations, room reservations, invitations, online calendar events set-up and other needed administrative support.
- Contribute to developing content, layout and design of visibility and presentation materials including unit and service brochures, video presentations, meeting slides and other visual aids.
- Assist in preparing medical forms including conversion of Word documents into fillable PDFs.
- Enter medical and related data collected on paper or PDF into electronic databases.
- Assist in updating, filing, recordkeeping, and organizing files of office activities, transactions and other information, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Perform any other duty within the capabilities as may be required by the job.
- University degree in communications, public relations, business management, organizational structure, public health, information technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in providing technical support involving software applications, administrative and clerical work, preferably in humanitarian organization environment.
- Previous experiences in medical, health informatics or equivalent will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications specifically in Word, Excel and Power Point; Ability to use a fillable PDF software is an advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints; accurate and keen to details.
- Client-oriented; patient and willingness to learn new things.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 21 November 2022. VN Number and Position Title (VN 031/2022 – Programme Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and an offer will be made following the confirmation of funding.