Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of Chief, Manila Financial Services, the direct supervision of the IDF Project Monitoring ad Finance Officer in Manila, and the functional supervision of the IOM Development Fund Administrator in IOM Headquarters, Geneva, and the successful candidate will provide support in the day to day operations and maintenance of the IOM Development Fund systems.
- Monitor and analyze financial expenditures of all IOM Development Fund active projects against budget and coordinate with implementing IOM missions.
- Provide a project status and preliminary financial analysis of the IOM Development Fund active projects, assist on tracking and follow ups on issues, and recommend escalations.
- Provide an initial review on the budget and financial reports during project budget revisions and extension requests submitted by the Missions for IOM Development Fund approval.
- Review donor financial reports (interim and final reports) and coordinate with missions and Regional Accounting Support focal to finalize reports for IOM Development Fund projects.
- Review project documents and coordinate with relevant units on project activation request submitted by missions for newly funded IOM Development Fund projects.
- Generate and create statistical reports using PRISM and access database for missions, the IOM Development Fund management team and HQ divisions.
- Update and maintain IDF documents in the IOM Development Fund PRIMA, provide assistance to missions and other units on IOM Development Fund PRIMA and PRIMA FOR ALL.
- Coordinate with the PRIMA development team on system enhancements, bugs, and any issues concerning the new system.
- As one of the focal, upload documents and information on the IOM Development Fund intranet site and coordinate for the updating of the IOM Development Fund main website.
- Prepare and coordinate with missions and IOM departments, to inform Permanent Missions of newly approved IOM Development Fund projects.
- Prepare and facilitate project budget entries and assist on IOM Development Fund’s year end closing.
- Monitor ex-post project evaluations of IOM Development Fund projects, establish WBS codes, process evaluation budget entries, and upload completed project evaluation reports in Outlook Ex-post project folder and PRIMA.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience in management reporting, budgeting and financial analysis;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Professional certification as Chartered Accountant or its equivalent an advantage.
- Professional experience in database management, project monitoring and tracking, or administrative and finance.
- Knowledge in accounting software/ERP; knowledge of SAP an advantage;
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Proven high level of analytical skills.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23 February 2023. VN Number and Position Title (VN 021/2023 – Administrative and Finance Assistant - IOM Development Fund) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and an offer will be made following the confirmation of funding