Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of the Supply Chain Unit (SCU) and the direct supervision of the Manila Supply Chain Unit (MSCU) Procurement Support Team Leader, the MSCU Supply Chain Assistant will provide support to Missions worldwide including the Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) and IOM Headquarters by providing assistance in the end-to-end procurement of various goods and services for IOM Operations.
The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for carrying out the following:
- Plan procurement actions for assigned projects, some of which are highly complex: a) Review, record and prioritize purchasing requests, obtain additional information and or documentation as required, provide assistance to requisitioners in preparing scope of work and specifications of goods and services; b) Prepare and finalize Source Selection Plan for complex purchases; c) Post tender requirement in the IOM and UNGM websites for formal solicitations; d) Produce tender documents (e.g. Invitation to bids, Request for Proposals and Request for Quotations) based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved.
- Compile and present procurement data for presentations and/or report monitoring: a) Follow up with sections to expedite the process of technical evaluation; b) Submit upon initial screening technical proposals to the requisitioner or the BEAC for technical evaluation; c) Prepare and analyse abstracts of offers and compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which vendor could deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible; d) Prepare presentations for review and clearance by the GPSU Head and present to GPSU Compliance Review in respect of all proposed contract awards exceeding the GPSU’s authority, and obtain recommendation for approval from the MAC Director.
- Draft and issue Contracts; and post-award financial management a) Draft Purchase Orders, Supply and Service Contracts, Lease Agreements, Amendment to the Contracts and POs, Prepare Statement of Awards, Ensure that Contracts/PO are timely renewed; b) Resolve issues/problems related to delivered goods / rendered services, including discrepancies between contracts/purchase orders and articles received; prepare, sign and return to vendor forms for unacceptable services and/or goods received; c) Monitor POs and contracts including follow up actions and follow up for timely delivery of goods and services. Raise Change Order if required; d) Liaise permanently with the rest of the Procurement Units in order to ensure that contracts/ purchase orders are timely renewed; and follow up with requisitioner for completeness and submission of vendor performance report after completion of the order / contract and take appropriate action; e) Maintain relevant internal database and files, keeps track of any contractual agreements and informs respective contract management officials and end users of contractual rights and obligations, monitor deadlines (e.g. delivery dates, expiry dates, renewal dates, etc.) taking appropriate and timely action to ensure timely delivery.
- Identify new vendors for registration and inclusion in the roster for an enhanced competitiveness and benefit from opportunities for long-term agreements.
- Serve as point of contact and liaison with UN staff and other stakeholders for procurement and other logistical matters. Effectively use the Organization’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to generate procurement related reports and suitable data required for procurement reporting.
- Prepare procurement monitoring reports and documents as required.
- Prepare Request for Payment for submission to Accounts Payable Unit for processing of payment to vendors.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in Business Administration, Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with 3 years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed high school degree from an accredited academic institution, with 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Specialized trainings on procurement and logistics an advantage.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible professional experience in procurement, administrative services or related area is required.
- At least three years of professional experience in procurement, contract management, or a related area, within the UN common system or in an international public organization, is desirable.
- Experience working with an ERP system in the area of purchasing and/or supply chain is desirable.
- A professional certification by an internationally recognized procurement certification authority such as CIPS (level 2 certificate or equivalent) is desirable.
- Proficiency in SAP, MS Office applications such as Word and Excel;
- Knowledge of other applications such as PowerPoint and Visio is desirable.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 02 October 2022. Reference code and Position Title (DR 040/2022 – Supply Chain Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.