Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the International Radiologist the Teleradiology Unit, MAC and the overall administrative and technical supervision of the senior Global Radiology coordinator managing, in MAC, the successful candidate will provide the IOM Teleradiology Center users the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide timely & properly upload to eMedical system the Chest x-ray (CXR) images of Migrant health assessment cases sent from panel sites in different countries and read by The Teleradiology Center.
- Cross check the identification of the CXRs of immigrants and refugees sent to the Teleradiology Center for reading including full name, ID, age, sex and date of birth before uploading the image to eMedical, to prevent substitution.
- Coordinate and with IOM field country operations and non-IOM panel sites and provide real time support through chat system and emails for information communication, notification, correcting bio-data errors, guiding the staff on standard bio-data formats and reporting purposes.
- Coordinate with the Teleradiology systems administrators for cases with issue, which need Teleradiology system checking and require actions in the Teleradiology systems.
- Coordinate with Teleradiology radiologists for notifying them when image uploading is complete, following up any pending tasks, and other related information communications.
- Assist the IOM Teleradiology Radiologist in copying the X-ray reports to eMedical, when needed.
- Ensure all the chest x-ray send from the field operations are read and submitted to the system by checking the data in the Teleradiology systems and eMedical and following up with the respective radiologists or field operations as needed.
- Prepare the daily summary of x-ray statistical reports and eMedical submissions, share to the field operations.
- Update the daily records/files and file the records in shared folders with complete, correct bio-data, and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the staff in IOM Teleradiology Center and other units when necessary for getting more information.
- Provide assistance to the Teleradiology Administrative Assistant, for logistic work, keeping track of consumables in the unit and data reporting, and related things as needed.
- Scan, photocopy and file medical documents as required.
- Provide support during weekends, holidays or outside working hours as well as “stand-by” focal on a rotation basis as may be requested.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Completed university degree in Business Administration, Psychology, Science, Information Technology or any related field from an accredited academic institution with minimum two years of relevant work experience.
- Completed High School degree with four years of relevant experience.
- Relevant work experience in administrative, quality assurance, use of databases and software applications, and statistical record keeping capacity.
- Experience with digital radiology and Teleradiology systems an advantage;
- Experience in Migration health work, screening health assessments and eHealth/eMedical services an advantage.
- Comprehensive computer skills in Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Good communication and customer service skill.
- Advanced computer knowledge an advantage.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16 August 2022. VN Number and Position Title (DR 030-031/2022 – Teleradiology Medical Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and an offer will be made following the confirmation of funding.