Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall guidance of the Head, Project Monitoring Unit, the successful candidate will work under the direct functional and administrative supervision of the Project Monitoring Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing clerical accounting support to the Project Monitoring Unit and will be given financial and administrative tasks related to the Family Assistance Program (FAP).
FINANCIAL MONITORING AND REPORTING
- Preparation of FAP Monthly Financial Report.
- Assist in the analysis of actual expense versus the approved budget.
- Review monthly project expense as well as revenue transactions to ensure correct account codes and WBS used.
- Assist in the staff cost monitoring (projectization) and other staffing review.
- Communicate with IOM field offices, MAC and HQ regarding budgetary and expense issues. Monitor office response and continuously follow-up unresolved issues.
- Assist in the preparation of the Final Reporting Package in the donor required format.
- Prepare the annual expense reports in the donor required format.
ANNUAL BUDGET PREPARATION
- Provide general administrative support related to the preparation of budget and donor reporting packages, and ensuring timely submission of reports to HQ units, project managers, and the donor.
- Assist in the upload of budget into the system (PRIMA)
- Provide assistance to staff assigned to other global projects managed by the unit.
- Update work instruction manual relevant to the tasks assigned, subject to review of supervisor.
- Perform other related tasks that may be assigned.
- University degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce/Finance or related field from an accredited academic institution
- Professional certification as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) will be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience in the field of accounting, finance, budgeting, audit experience an advantage;
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards or International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems and/or SAP
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Advanced MS Excel proficiency;
- Ability to draft correspondence and communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks under time constraints
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 26 November 2021. Reference code DR 023/2021 Finance and Administrative Assistant should be specified in the SUBJECT field.