Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the general and direct supervision of Senior Resources Management Assistant, and overall supervision of National Resources Management Officer (Manila Financial Services - Emergency Support unit), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for providing resources management services related to Country Offices in emergency or missions in need, on budgetary, reporting and other related resources management areas in support of and in close coordination with the Department of Finance and Administrative Management – Emergency Support Unit (DFM ESU).
EMERGENCY OPERATIONS SUPPORT
- In coordination with DFM ESU, provide resources management support to Country Offices in specified emergencies including assistance on the following:
- Analyze variance between budget and actual expenditure of specified emergency projects.
- Perform quality assurance in monitoring the financial management for the projects and assist with the preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulation and established procedures.
- Coordinate with relevant service units under Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) for timely support in accordance with Emergency SOPs and guidelines.
- Follow up on current ongoing issues related to resources management and other support as needed.
- Provide resources management support not limited to, Treasury, finance, human resource management, procurement, financial management, monitoring and reporting, and budgeting.
- Provide support on the development, activation, financial monitoring and reporting of specified emergency projects.
- Provide general administrative support related to the preparation of budget and donor reporting packages, and ensuring timely submission of reports.
- Assist in the upload of budgets into the system (PRIMA and PRISM).
- Provide support to Country Offices in emergencies undergoing project audits.
- Support the external reporting of funds received against IOM Regional Humanitarian Response (e.g. OCHA Financial Tracking System).
- Assist DFM ESU in the transition of projects upon L3 Declaration and Deactivation and ensure correct project set-up in PRIMA and PRISM.
- Update PRISM Focal Persons for L3 business areas for both L3 Declaration and Deactivation.
- Undertake official duty travels to provide resources management support to the Country Offices as requested.
MANAGE PROJECT FINANCIAL MONITORING AND REPORTING – HQ DOE
- Support finance monitoring of HQ DOE Projects.
- Project financial closure in internal systems: PRISM and PRIMA.
- Support donor financial reporting.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports for DFM ESU.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or its equivalent.
- Experience preferably in project monitoring and tracking, administrative and finance functions.
- Experience in audit an advantage.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills, attention to details, and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems and/or SAP plus generally accepted accounting principles, business risk controls, and audit/review procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Web-based applications.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
- Sound knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
- Sound knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8 March 2023. VN Number and Position Title (DR 007/2023 – Resources Management Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and an offer will be made following the confirmation of funding.