Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of Chief, Manila Financial Services, the direct supervision of the IDF Project Monitoring ad Finance Officer in Manila, and the functional supervision of the IOM Development Fund Administrator in IOM Headquarters, Geneva, and the successful candidate will provide support in the day to day operations and maintenance of the IOM Development Fund systems.
- Ensure consistency of IOM Development Fund project data and records in the new system - Project Information and Management Application (PRIMA) and coordinate any issues with the PRIMA technical team.
- Assist in providing timely project status updates, accurate data entry for new projects in the monitoring tool and database system and filing of project correspondence and documents in the project file folders.
- Assist in the preparation of various basic statistical reports from the database systems, including Report on pending reports per regional office.
- Prepare, coordinate and send out communication (note verbales, summaries) in coordination with Missions and IOM Departments for newly approved IOM Development Fund projects.
- Generate basic financial data from PRISM (SAP), monitor IOM staff cost charges/projectization on all IDF active projects, and coordinate with mission’s finance staff for cost validation and recoding.
- Coordinate with the IOM web focal point to upload documents and information on the IOM Development Fund website.
- Upload outputs (manuals, publications etc.) on Intranet Fund page and manage Publications section of IOM Development Fund website.
- Assist in the monitoring and follow up of the Results Monitoring Plan.
- Monitor ex-post project evaluations of IOM Development Fund projects, establish WBS codes, process evaluation budget entries, and upload completed project evaluation reports in Outlook Ex-post project folder and PRIMA.
- Assist and provide initial review and analysis of donor financial reports submitted my Mission on PRIMA, BNP of approved revised project budget, and ex-post evaluation cost charges.
- Coordinate with relevant units and IOM Missions as needed - project information updates and follow up on overdue reports.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Financial Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution; with two years of relevant professional experience in database management, project monitoring and tracking, or administrative and finance;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional experience in database management, project monitoring and tracking, or administrative and finance.
- Knowledge in accounting software/ERP; knowledge of SAP an advantage;
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9 March 2023. VN Number and Position Title (DR 005/2023 – Administrative and Finance Assistant - IOM Development Fund) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and an offer will be made following the confirmation of funding.