Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
IOM has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and abuse by all personnel employed by IOM worldwide, whether internationally or locally recruited, regardless of the type or duration of contract. IOM’s zero tolerance policy also extends to IOM third party contracted staff, suppliers, service providers and Implementing Partners. With its ever-growing personnel and global presence, providing training in the prevention and response to sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment is a priority of the Organization.
The Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment (PSEAH) Unit is responsible for promoting awareness and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) among all IOM staff and related personnel. The Unit is currently rolling out PSEA trainings globally and is in need of dedicated staff development and learning (SDL) support.
Under the overall supervision of the Head, SDL and the Senior Coordinator (PSEAH) in Geneva, the direct supervision of the PSEA Officer based in Geneva and the administrative supervision of the Senior SDL Assistant in Manila (SDL MAC), the PSEA Training Assistant (SDL) will be responsible for organizing and administering the PSEA training sessions ensuring training compliance, and PSEA reporting and data analysis.
ORGANIZATION and ADMINISTRATION of PSEA TRAININGS
- Provide support to the generation and distribution of training data and evaluation reports to the trainers and training focal points of PSEA-related trainings.
- Provide support to PSEAH Unit for the creation of session links for the PSEA virtual classroom trainings, set-up of registration forms in I-Learn (for staff) and MS Forms (for non-staff), generation of certificates for non-staff participants, and assignment of the PSEA refresher courses to the PSEA participants.
- Liaise with E-campus to ensure relevant trainings are available to non-IOM staff and statistics are collected, compiled and reported.
- Provide technical support for webinars as well as for other software applications, like video recording tools to the PSEAH Unit.
- Provide support in the management of all PSEA-related queries and requests forwarded from the SDL Fresh Service portal and I-Learn mailbox (or from the PSEA-queries mailbox), and coordinate queries from non-staff colleagues to the E-Campus team.
- Monitor and encourage RO and CO compliance with PSEA trainings in its various forms (face to face, webinar, micromodules, etc).
TRAINING COMPLIANCE, REPORTING and DATA ANALYSIS
- Consolidate PSEA training records from a range of sources.
- Provide a draft interpretation and analysis of training metrics including trends or patterns and submit ongoing reports to trainers and training focal points to ensure that strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing training programmes are monitored and timely reported.
- Create visual statistical reports and dashboards based on well-defined metrics.
- Compile data and draft emails for coordination with relevant country and regional offices on PSEA training compliance
OTHER PSEA SUPPORT
- Develop and draft PSEA training communication, when required.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Mathematics, Information Management or Computer Science from an accredited institution with two years of professional experience or
- Completed High School degree with four years of relevant experience.
- Other diploma or certification on data science, statistics, monitoring and evaluation, or informatics is an advantage
- Experience in the use and administration of learning management systems and/or learning integrated solutions and technologies.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting
- Experience in data analysis, database management and record-keeping
- Proven work experience as data analyst or business data analyst
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills (English); Knowledge of French/Spanish and or Arabic would be a distinct advantage
- High level of mathematical ability and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and under pressure.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with partners and internal clients at all levels
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Strong technical skills and experience with Zoom/other similar platforms as well as Microsoft Office Applications particularly with SharePoint, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Possess high level of flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Intercultural awareness skills
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications online by clicking the below APPLY button and completing the profile registration.